Friday, September 27, 2013

Honeymoon Part B

Once upon a time on our honeymoon part A, I got sick and we ran out of money so we had to go home early. So we decided to do a honeymoon Part B almost 8 months after the fact. Here are some pictures about it.

Columbia River Gorge

Here's us on the way to the Oregon coast! We drove in our little 91 Geo Metro all the way there. FYI, it has no air conditioning. So we were sweating like banshees the whole time.

Columbia River Gorge waterfalls

This is me at some pretty waterfall by Multnomah Falls. Maybe it's Horseshoe Falls?

Foliage

Have you ever noticed how beautiful leaves look when the sun is shining through them? It's one of my favorite things. (Along with raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...)

Multnomah Falls

Multnomah Falls! This was Matt's first time seeing it! There are no pictures of us once we got to the coast because we were so tired from sweating all day. Once we got to the hotel, we basically just went to sleep.

Sea Lions

But don't worry! The next day we saw some cool things! Like these cute Sea Lions at the Newport bay. My favorite part is when they push each other off the docks and yell at each other.

Beach smooch

Oh look! My face is being squished by a kiss! Also, meet my favorite sweater. I found it at D.I. and I wear it all. the. time.

The Keyhole

This is Matt's cutest face! Awwww...

The Keyhole

We had a fun time at the beach. It was really foggy the whole time we were there.

Devil's Punch Bowl--Oregon Coast

We got up really early one morning to look at some tide pools! This is Devil's Punch Bowl!

Devil's Punch Bowl

So I always like to touch the creatures in the tide pools, right? You know, like feeling the anemone tentacles stick to your finger and stuff like that. Matt would NOT touch anything. He kept saying, "No! It's full of pus!"

Tide Pools

I believe this is a Heron! It's probably just getting some breakfast or something. Also, I think those orange spots on the rocks are sea stars.

Oregon Coast Aquarium

Then we went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. My favorite part is going in the tunnels with the fish and the sharks! Matt's not so sure about it...


You know you can't go to the aquarium without getting one of these pictures...we obviously couldn't resist.

Siletz Bay harbor seals

We went to Siletz Bay on the edge of Lincoln City. This is a pile of harbor seals. Just loungin'.

Foggy Beach Oregon coast

Foggy, but beautiful day. I took a bunch more pictures, but not all of them looked good. So this is all you get to see. We also got to see my brother, his daughter, and her mom! My niece is one and she's as cute as can be! I was glad to see her and her mom one last time before they moved to the east coast. I also got to see my brother and his kids from Utah! And of course the fam that lives in Pendleton/Athena. 

No comments:

Post a Comment